What does a skills development facilitator do?
The Skills Development Facilitator also know as SDF Training Course is aimed to certify individuals as internal or external SDF’s or freelancer Skills DevelopmentFacilitators. This become minimum requirement in order to register with a SETAs as SDF also known as the Skills Development Facilitator. SDF or Skills Development Facilitators act between organisations and the SETA with training plans, reporting and grants. Only Accredited SDF or Skills Development facilitator can offer this professional service by completing the SDF training course and SETA certified.
What is the role of a skills development facilitator?
- Investigate and analyse the status of the learning culture within the organisation.
- Develop strategies for the promotion of a learning culture within the organisation.
- Implement strategies to promote a learning culture.
- plan, organise a skills analysis process
- conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning needed for formal recognition
- produce and verify a matrix of outcomes.
- analyse current and required skills
- develop a skills profile and define a skills gap
- establish skills priorities
- develop a training and development plan.
- identify and prioritise learners` learning requirements
- plan and organise learning interventions
- coordinate learning interventions
- review and report on learning interventions.
- provide information related to skills development, including relevant legislation, learning and assessment,
- advise an organisation concerning the alignment of skills development practices to the information provided; and
- advise on the promotion of skills development.
- This unit standard is for people who conduct internal or external moderation of outcomes-based assessments. The assessments could be in terms of outcomes defined in a number of documents, including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. This unit standard will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications particularly within the field of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
- Those who have achieved this unit standard will be able to moderate assessments in terms of the relevant outcome statements and quality assurance requirements. The candidate-moderator will be able to use the prescribed Quality Assurance procedures in a fair, valid, reliable and practicable manner that is free of all bias and discrimination, paying particular attention to the three groups targeted for redress: race, gender and disability.
- Each learner will receive a learner guide and workbook during the contact session that will assist them with the building of their POE (Portfolio of Evidence).
- Learner will receive full instruction from us before the course to assist with the preparation of the course. Where possible additional resources will be provided to learners who are not able to get there resources.
What is SDF training?
- ETDP SETA registered and accredited.
- NQF Level 5, total of 25 Credits.
- US 15232, 15217, 15218, 252041.
For more details on the SDF or Skills Development Facilitator course click here.