Professional education and training practitioners definition.
“The highest standards for teaching, training and learning, supported by the professional body.”
Professional education and training practitioners by definition:
- are dual professionals, having deep knowledge, conceptual understanding and expertise in teaching and learning processes and contexts for diverse learners, matched with expert subject knowledge and skills,
- have a personal commitment to reflect on and share expertise with professional colleagues, to innovate and learn from the best national and international practices, and through professional body membership,
- enjoy professional recognition and status, and hold at least a NQF level 5 qualifications in learning and teaching, or be committed to work towards this in the near future,
- have the ability and space to make judgements and decisions based on knowledge and experience and so practising with autonomy, trust and accountability
- expect a professionalised environment in which to operate, where leaders and managers are responsible for ensuring a collaborative culture which secures excellence, resting on trust and confidence
- deserve career pathways which offer suitable rewards to individual professionals as they demonstrate excellence.